[Discuss-gnuradio] Custom source block with trigger callback for burst o

From: Jason Sugarbush
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Custom source block with trigger callback for burst output
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 14:13:12 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a custom out of tree source block that when triggered with a callback will emit a burst of samples. In my work function I have a check to see if a private variable do_emit is true, and if so it will populate the output items array. If it is false, I do nothing and return noutput_items = 0.

I added a callback function in the grc xml file to enable me to set the do_emit in the generated python script that runs the flowgraph.

Is this the proper way to have burst outputs? I'm using the hackrf as my radio.

Thanks