[Discuss-gnuradio] gr_ieee-80211 receiver

From: LiLi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_ieee-80211 receiver
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:47:24 -0700 (MST)

Hi, everyone

I am using gr-ieee-80211 to recieve wifi packets on 2.4G.
The operating system is Ubuntu.The version of GNU RADIO is 3.7.5, and we use
USRP N210 with SBX daughterboard.
Our purpose:
Capture packets of 802.11 protocol on 2.4G or the other band SBX
daughterboard
Our problems:
When the Wireshark Connector was connected to 'WIFI Decode MAC', it can't
receive any frame but an empty file. I want to figure out the cause, but it
may consume a long time for a beginner. I think the main cause may exist in
the 'WIFI Decode MAC' or the Wireshark Connector in the view that the latter
can receive frames before the former.
Another tricky problem which I want to make clear is that whether the
surroundings contains pure 802.11g frame. Could you show me the possible
reasons? As I target to captured frames on 2.4GHz , how should the
parameters of the Wireshark be recomposed?

Best,
Li Li