[Discuss-gnuradio] Simple GMSK encoder and decoder with very large bandw

From: Fred Castello
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple GMSK encoder and decoder with very large bandwidth
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:19:07 -0400

Hi there,
My goal here is to ultimately develop a telemetry system but I am starting very simply by building a GMSK encoder using a file sync fed directly to a decoder. It seems to be working as I can see the constellation diagram (which eventually goes away-dont know why) and on the scope sync I can see the phase transitions but in the FFT sync it appears that the bandwidth is huge. From what I understand, I would not want to filter the results going from the modulator to the demodulator, but I may not understand that correctly. I know I have a long way to go, but I am just trying to learn as I go and try to figure out the theory and see how it applies as I build using GNU radio. Thank you anyone for your help!! I am including the Flow Graph as well as the test file that I am using for the file sync. Much appreciated.
Fred