Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Speed test went wrong.

From: James Shimer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Speed test went wrong.
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:45:08 +0000

The throttle block has some peculiar limitations.  For example, if you try to set the throttle very low (like < 1k) you'll find that there is minimum threshold and what will happen is it will still give you way more samples than you expect.  Before I found the head block, which allows you to terminate the FG after a certain number of samples, I tried using the throttle to slow things way down and just kill the FG manually.  I was using the file sink to log my data and I saw way too much data.  I looked at the throttle block code, it looked like there were some conversion between time formats that would loose precision.  It wouldn't be a surprise to me if there were the throttle block behaved the same way for very high > 1M rates (that is just ignore what you asked for and perform some sort of max threshold behavior).   I would suggest just retesting with out the throttle block, since you're looking to see what you're machine can handle anyway....

Sent from Outlook