Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualizing Amplitude spectrum instead of power s

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualizing Amplitude spectrum instead of power spectrum
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:01:32 +0200

I call it simply spectrum too, maybe I should have said magnitude/phase spectrum.
Now I'm confused. Magnitude spectrum is definitely my $|\text{DFT}|$; but you're just looking for a plot of the DFT, right?

Indeed i don't need imaginary part in this case because the spectrum is real
That implies that your time signal is 0-time-hermitian (symmetrical if real)! In your example that is the case, because you're only summing up cosines, but it's not usually the case.

So I'd like to get back to my earlier question:

What is the purpose of this?

You can very simply implement this using

stream to vector -> FFT -> complex to real -> Qt Vector sink.

Again, not convinced that is what you actually *need*. It's just what I understnad that you *ask* for.

Best regards,
Marcus