Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualizing Amplitude spectrum instead of power s

From: Federico 'Larroca' La Rocca
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualizing Amplitude spectrum instead of power spectrum
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:16:48 -0300

Sorry, the last mail was sent by who-knows-what-shortcut...
So, if what you want is to visualize the complex vector resulting from the DFT, you should use the FFT block, followed by a vector to stream and then a QT Time Sink with number of points as many as in the FFT windows size. This will show you the real and complex part (pay attention to the shift parameter in the FFT). That is very similar to what Marcus wrote before (I've never used QT Vector Sink, and use stream to vector and a matching qt time sink instead).
If you want either the magnitude or the phase, there are a couple of blocks that do just (complex to mag, complex to arg, complex to mag and phase) and may be used with vectors, again as Marcus said.
best
Federico

Hi,
If what you want is to visualize the complex resulting from the DFT, you should use the FFT block, and then a QT