[Discuss-gnuradio] How does Rx Gain affect the incoming signal? GNURadio

From: Cristian Rodríguez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How does Rx Gain affect the incoming signal? GNURadio IEEE 802.11a/g/p
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 16:24:34 -0500

Hi all.

I'm trying to understand how Rx gain, the paremeter that is set in the USRP Source block, affects the input signal. I would like to have an equation for that.

I'm doing the next experiment:

Now, I change Rx gain and it is what i get:

Imágenes integradas 1

The value of the output of the moving average is changing very strange. I was trying to write an equation for that, but i wasn't able, i used Rx gain in dB, in dBm as a constant, but i wasn't able to build a relation. In an equation i'm doing as follow:

Imágenes integradas 2

Then I think that if I include Gtx, my equation results in:

Imágenes integradas 3

But that doesn't make sense with the data that I get.

I would really greatful if someone can explain where is my mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Cristian