Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data types

From: Tellrell White
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data types
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 11:29:57 -0400

 Thanks for the response. In the code below, I'm matching the output type of the divide block which is float and also the length which I'm setting here as  for v_len. However, I'm still not seeing any change. I'm also doing this in python. Any ideas?

def __init__(self, num_values=1024, V_len=1024):
        gr.basic_block.__init__(self,
            name="ED_block",
            in_sig=[(np.float, V_len)],
            out_sig=[])
        self.V_len = V_len
        self.num_values = num_values
        self.seen = 0

Regards
Tellrell

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Andrej Rode <address@hidden> wrote:
Hir ,

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 11:03:57PM -0400, Tellrell White wrote:
> Hello All
> I have a question concerning data types. I'm creating a sink block in python that takes float values from a "divide" block that has a vector length of 1024. The output port on the divide block is red. How can set the input of my block to have a red input port?

You need to match the output type of the divide block (which is probably
float) _and_ you need to match the vector length of the divide block.
Best done with setting a parameter `vlength` and setting this as your
io_signature in the constructor:
`io_signature::make (1,  1, sizeof (float)*vlen)),`

This creates a block with a configurable vector length as input.

Cheers
Andrej
--
Andrej Rode
GPG Key: 750B CBBB 4A75 811A 4D5F 03ED 5C23 7FB8 9A7D A2AA