Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sync block or general block?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sync block or general block?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:11:26 +0100

Hi Ali,

sync or not sync is not a question of the number of in and output
streams, but a question of whether you produce exactly N items on every
output for exactly N items consumed from every input. You should very
very likely read [1]!

If you're writing a sync block, you don't implement forecast at all.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_GNU_Radio_in_C%
2B%2B#4.3.2_Specific_block_categories