Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11 and the blocks with multiple inputs

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11 and the blocks with multiple inputs
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:08:49 +0000

Hi,

On 02/07/2018 06:57 AM, Halit Bugra Tulay wrote:
1) The one working with 3 separate null sinks ( https://imgur.com/a/siXZN )
2) The one that does not work ( https://imgur.com/a/BFTol )

As similar to what I observed before, the first one keeps communicating without a problem while the second one stops communicating after a few successive received frame. I don't understand what causes this problem. Do you have any idea about this?

AFAIK, the sink with three inputs expects the same number of samples at each input. If one branch has no samples, i.e., if one receiver does not detect frames (or detects less frames), the other queues fill up. When the first queue is full, the SDR will stop producing samples and since the null source cannot continue, the flow graph stalls. For the null sources that's not an issue, but if you want to decode the frame based on multiple RX branches, you probably need some logic to check which of the receiver synced on the frame.

Best,
Bastian