Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC2018] Adding Passive radar and multiple devi

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC2018] Adding Passive radar and multiple device support to gr-radar toolbox
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:26:19 +0000

Hi Suraj,

thank you very much for sending us your proposal! This already looks
very nice.
Can I wish for you to add something like a rough block diagram that
describes how your simulated illuminator, your signal recoverer, your
radar estimator and your clutter reducer work together, and which
information you plan on letting these exchange? That would allow us to
"mentally" map what you're doing each week in your proposed timeline to
components of the system.

All in all, this is pretty ambitious, but exciting!
How will you tackle the OFDM signal recovery? I think your reference
[2] is really much to be completely done in one GSoC, so it would be
totally OK to say you just picked a reduced approach. Still, if you
want to do that in all its glory, that would be cool, too, but I'd ask
Martin how much work he'd expect that to be, and if necessary, reserve
more time for the algorithmic part alone. I'm also including Jean-
Michel Friedt of low-cost passive radar fame[A], as I hope he might
have a moment to read and comment on your proposal.

Best regards,
Marcus

[A] http://jmfriedt.free.fr/URSI.pdf