Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] synchronization problem

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] synchronization problem
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 15:58:00 +0000

Hm, cosine wave as baseband signal means you get two symmetric spectral
peaks around your carrier frequency. In that case, I'd actually just go
for a really simple costas loop. You could also do kind of a "matched
filter" M&M with a cosine receive filter, but I don't see the
advantage.

Notice that sending a cosine can't convey any information. Are you sure
this is all you need? The only reason I can instantly think of is using
that signal as frequency normal for a different system, and in that
case, you're only telling us a tiny fraction of the whole system you're
 building.

Especially the wording "…is about frequency-offset *I think*" suggests
you're very much subject to the XY Problem [1], and it would be a very
good idea to describe the whole thing you're trying to build, instead
of only the very small problem you're acutely trying to solve.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://xyproblem.info