Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to read .dat file saved via the file sink

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to read .dat file saved via the file sink
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 15:20:58 +0000

Dear Linda,

we hope you're doing well and hope you succeed in your SDR endeavors!

But: seriously, I strongly recommend you keep with your installation of
GNU Radio via apt. The version of GNU Radio that Ubuntu18.04 ships is
relatively new, and you will have much less problems than when you
build from source.

Frankly, most, if not all, the problems you're having were due to you
not really being overly prolific at using your system, or could have
been solved by someone a bit more experienced with the help of Google.
(for example, the question how to install from source, really)

Doing a build and installation from source is, at this point, not
really helpful for you. None of the problems you're having stem from
the fact that you installed via apt!

Best regards,
Marcus