[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio-Companion: Selected drop down option stays "

From: engineerpcp
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio-Companion: Selected drop down option stays "red"
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 15:44:46 +0000

Hi.  On Fedora, version 28, I always compile gnuradio from source while linking to the ettus uhd drivers that I also compile from source.  I compile from source since I eventually build my own modules, etc. from source.   I've been doing this method since 2014, but now after I compile and install gnuradio version 3.7.13.4 or 3.7.13.3, I get some errors in gnuradio-companion.   The compile and install goes fine, but while using gnuradio-companion it has errors now.  The first error is in the analog signal generator block.  See reference "1." below for its block description.  The wavetform type in this block is marked as "red" when dragged into a gnuradio canvas.  I select sinewave, cosine, etc. and it still remains "red".  I can set all the values except for the waveform type, which is a drop-down menu.  I've used this block for years, and I don't see any errors in the compile that would say something is wrong.    The second similar error in gnuradio-companion is the "waterfall sink".  It shows the windowing type as "red" and selecting a windowing type, whether Blackman-Harris, Hamming, etc., still keeps the windowing type as "red".  Also, this is a drop down menu, which may be the souce of the problem.  These blocks are unusuable until the "red" type selected goes "black".   Has anyone had this problem?  Is it related to a python library?  I'm assuming both problems are related to a python library.  Thank you.