[Discuss-gnuradio] Scaling GRC toolbar on hiDPI

From: Tom Andersson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scaling GRC toolbar on hiDPI
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 05:44:29 +0100

Hi. For some time I have tried to figure out how to scale the toolbar of the GNU Radio Companion (GRC, version 3.7.9.1-2ubuntu1), on my Dell XPS 13, ubuntu 16.04, with HiDPI. I found the following tips: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Tips_for_MacBooks_and_other_HiDPI_displays. Lacking the file in question, $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0, I created it, changing nothing. I am unsure if it really applies to the toolbar. Not recognizing the folder and file structure of GTK-2.0 that I read about on my own computer, I tried to move the file to other configuration and GTK folders, but without any effect. Re-scaling the built-in display in system settings fixes the problem, but then I need to do that each time I want to use GRC, shifting between screen resolution depending on the application. Anybody having an idea about a better way?
Regards
Tom