[Discuss-gnuradio] GSOC - Introduction and Project Idea Discussion

From: Mayank Jhamtani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSOC - Introduction and Project Idea Discussion
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 23:22:46 +0530

Hello all,
My name is Mayank, and I am interested to participate in GSoC'19 as a student.

I would want to work on the project "Standardized High Throughput FEC Codes". This project interests me because I have been studying coding theory for the past two years, and I would love to work on implementing the same. I also have decent experience of coding in C++.
I am currently familiarizing myself with GNU Radio, and the gr-fec API in particular.

Also, I would be grateful if someone could clarify the exact expected outcomes of the project idea, or give any other useful pointers, so that I can better orient my efforts.

Regards,
-Mayank