Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio source cannot use 2 outputs (Stereo) in win

From: Geof Nieboer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio source cannot use 2 outputs (Stereo) in windows
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 08:46:54 -0400

I apologize for missing this email chain.

FYI, anytime you see a "Z:\gr-build" somewhere in a Windows install, know that that is the path I use when buildiing the installers, so exactly as was already deduced, that is a path that ended up being hardcoded someplace.  It's particular of the cultural difference between Linux/Win, as Linux tends to assume that code is running on the machine that built it.

The best approach to modification of environment variables specific to GR usage on Windows is to modify the "run_gr.bat" in C:\Program Files\Gnuradio-3.7\bin, which sets up a complete set of variable to support the custom python install etc., and will also then allow side-by-side of multiple installs (when we release a 3.8 version).

So I will create an issue on the scripts github to set this environment variable automatically in run_gr.bat in the next version (I'll also include the stereo source fix as well).

Geof