[Discuss-gnuradio] Cross-Compile issue with GNU Radio 3.8: cmake is buil

From: Toby Flynn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross-Compile issue with GNU Radio 3.8: cmake is building an incorrect file
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 13:21:13 -0400

I am attempting to install OOT modules using a Yocto/Openembedded enviroment and the latest GNURadio 3.8.  This process was working before the latest cmake changes to 3.8 were incorporated.  I am now having issues with the cross-complitaion.  I have tracked the issue down to a file I believe is created by cmake:
build/gnuradio-runtime/swig/CMakeFiles/Export/lib/cmake/gnuradio/runtime_swigTargets-release.cmake

When building directly on a computer this file has difference, line 10 than the one build using Yocto.
Direct build on a computer the line is:
IMPORTED_LOCATION_RELEASE "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/_runtime_swig.so"

On the Yocto build the line is:

IMPORTED_LOCATION_RELEASE "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/_runtime_swig.so"

The missing ${_IMPORT_PREFIX} leads to cmake issues since _runtime_swig.so cannot be found.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something I can try to fix the issue.

Thanks
Toby