Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross-Compile issue with GNU Radio 3.8: cmake is

From: Toby Flynn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross-Compile issue with GNU Radio 3.8: cmake is building an incorrect file
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 18:01:42 -0400

Marcus,
    Thank you for the quick reply.  I cannot get to the computer with the full Yocto command until maybe Monday, I will send a response with that command when I can get to the computer.
 I believe the issue is with CMake and not Python.   CMake makes the file 'build/gnuradio-runtime/swig/CMakeFiles/Export/lib/cmake/gnuradio/runtime_swigTargets-release.cmake', as part of the GNURadio build.  What is missing on the cross-compile is the string ${_IMPORT_PREFIX} on 2 lines in the file giving the path to _runtime_swig.so, I had missed one in my earlier email .  Adding that string to the file in the OOT sysroot allows the OOT targets to build, which can be a workaround until the issue can be better understood and corrected.  This is the only .cmake file built with the command CMAKE install(EXPORT.... in the CMakeLists.txt file, so the build for the .cmake file is different than the rest of the files in GNU Radio.

 As far as the OOT modules, I have tried gr-paint38 and my gr3.8 branch of gr-iio, https://github.com/flynn378/gr-iio.  Both have the same error.

I am aware of the issue with GRC / python and I am currently fixing that manually until I get the time to investigate a correct solution.

Thanks
Toby