[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM with continuous pilots but bursty data

From: Alex Roberts
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM with continuous pilots but bursty data
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:03:49 -0500

I'm playing around with an OFDM transmit/receive chain. I've noticed that if I get underruns at a high enough rate, it becomes a bursty system and the receiver is unable to lock in and no longer demodulates the symbols.

Would it be possible to generate continuous pilot tones or send OFDM frames with just preambles and padded data such that even if the source data stream underruns, the output is continous rather than bursty so that the receiver can keep lock with time and frequency offests?

-Alex