Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Share Modules with Coworkers

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Share Modules with Coworkers
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 19:47:34 -0500

Hi Dylan,

I am a newbie to Gnuradio and GitHub, but since no one else has responded to
your question yet, I offer the following suggestions:

The 'normal' approach for group development of a project (such as Gnuradio
itself!) is to create a project on GitHub and then clone it to your local
computer. Each developer then can push their changes back to the GitHub
repository for merging / inclusion.
It sounds like your co-worker has the source code, so he/she should create the
GitHub repository. Then you can clone it into your computer. That way, both of
you have source code tracking of all changes you make. That’s much better than
copying and pasting.

per Derek Kozel:
"Here's a git course that I really recommend. It says it takes 10 hours,
but I find most people go through much faster and most of the basics are
covered in the first 30 minutes or so. It does require registration but
is free.
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-git";
The course is only free for about a week, but that is long enough for you to
complete it. GitHub also has lots of turorials and guides (free).

Gnuradio has lots of tutorials. One that paricularly applies to you is
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/OutOfTreeModules

I have only been working with Gnuradio for three months, but have learned LOTS
by reading, experimenting, and asking lots of questions :)

If you don't want to put all your questions on this discussion group, feel free
to write to me directly.

Best wishes,
Barry Duggan KV4FV

P.S. If you ‘reply all’, your response gets posted on Discuss-gnuradio as well
as to me. If you just ‘reply’, it comes only to me.
—