Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Share Modules with Coworkers

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Share Modules with Coworkers
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 10:33:12 -0400

Hi Dylan,

What I am suggesting is the following:

1) Your coworker creates an Out Of Tree module following the tutorial https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/OutOfTreeModules. Once the module has been built and installed, it will be available on gnuradio-companion on his computer.

2) Your coworker creates a GitHub repository with the Out Of Tree module.

3) Then you can clone that repository and do a build with it on your computer. Once the module has been built and installed, it will be available on gnuradio-companion on your computer. All the missing libraries should be resolved.

4) At that point both of you have tracking of changes to the code.

Just as an example, if you wanted to use a FunCube Pro+ dongle, you would clone https://github.com/dl1ksv/gr-fcdproplus and build it on your computer. Then it would show up in your gnuradio-companion.

Does that make sense to you? Do you need more details?

Regards,
---
Barry Duggan