Re: Is there anything about USRP blocks that breaks them within hier blo

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Is there anything about USRP blocks that breaks them within hier blocks?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 22:34:36 -0500

On 12/03/2019 09:40 PM, Lukas Haase wrote:
Hi,

Am I not supposed to put USRP blocks within a hierarchichal block and if so,
why?

Very strange minimal example (Ettus USRP X310, Windows 10, gnuradio 3.7.13.5):

https://paste.pics/8a1cf2b2661fab2bc71b760e369997b9

Works and with a spectrum analyzer I see the tone at 916 MHz.

Then I do nothing more than putting the Signal Source and USRP Sink into a hier
block and using it:

https://paste.pics/8c7c200035a083e218625360defc8015

https://paste.pics/bcd7969f3299f54e56b0d3ca210d97af

It's hard to believe but true: The spectrum analyzer stays silent! It doesn't
output anything.

All messages on the console are same as well: The FPGA image gets loaded onto
the USRP and it starts.
For a brief moment at startup, the spectrum analyzer shows a small tone at
916MHz which disappears again.

Thanks,
Luke

Your gain is 0, that might have some bearing. Also, you should see the main tone at 915M, because your baseband signal is at -1M.