Re: Coexistence of Gnuradio 3.7 and 3.8 on one PC

From: Andrej Rode
Subject: Re: Coexistence of Gnuradio 3.7 and 3.8 on one PC
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 20:27:31 +0100

Hi Harald,

if you want to have GNU Radio 3.7 & 3.8 on the same machine I recommend
to have both installed in a non-default search path for libraries.
Applications linking to GNU Radio then have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
PYTHONPATH, GR_BLOCKS_PATH accordingly to point to the non-default
search path.

Otherwise you will end up with applications using the wrong version or
even mixing both versions.
Unfortunately this wouldn't be compatible with a precompiled SDRPlay
image (I assume GNU Radio is installed in the default search path
there).

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

Cheers
Andrej