Re: Coexistence of Gnuradio 3.7 and 3.8 on one PC

From: dd0vs
Subject: Re: Coexistence of Gnuradio 3.7 and 3.8 on one PC
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 08:52:49 +0100

Hello Barry, all,

many thanks for the answer.

I followed your recommendation with the source build link (swap file
and some extra install).
Second i stepped in the pybombs build.
I decided to start with build of ~/gr38.

It stops here: (i assumed that it would be better to keep the runing
binary)
--snip---
Install uhd from source despite binary install available Y/[N]? n
[ERROR] Error installing package uhd. Aborting.
--end--

Second run was with Y, unfortunately with this result:
--snip--
[  2%] Built target uhd_rpclib
[  3%] Building CXX object
lib/CMakeFiles/uhd.dir/convert/convert_with_neon.cpp.o In file included
from /home/pi/gr38/src/uhd/host/lib/convert/convert_with_neon.cpp:10:
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/8/include/arm_neon.h:
In member function 'virtual void
__convert_fc32_1_sc16_item32_le_1_PRIORITY_SIMD::operator()(const
input_type&, const output_type&,
size_t)': /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/8/include/arm_neon.h:6740:1:
error: inlining failed in call to always_inline 'float32x4_t
vdupq_n_f32(float32_t)': target specific option mismatch vdupq_n_f32
(float32_t __a)
... much more
--end--
BTW: ~/gr38 is almost empty, only src/uhd (i fear many of the build is
installed in a place where it interferes with the existing
installation?)

I am lacking knowledge to proceed, sorry.

Regards and vy73
Harald
DD0VS