Happy new year! (Was: Happy Christmas/Holidays/End of year!)

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Happy new year! (Was: Happy Christmas/Holidays/End of year!)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 00:47:49 +0100

Hopefullest of all SDR communities!

After Martin's excellent mail I felt it was time to use the opportunity
to not only look back at an exciting GNU Radio year, but also look
forward:

I'm convinced 2020 will be an excellent year in terms of progress of
FOSS software defined radio, and GNU Radio will continue to play a
leading role in that domain.
We'll see quite a bit of accelerated development that has been
unleashed since we released GNU Radio 3.8; the first sign of that is
how VOLK got a new grip on releasing.

Just like Martin, I'd like to stress how much the community is what's
really great about GNU Radio: If it weren't for the constructive forces
at work in the ecosystem as a whole, there would've been little to no
interest in improving and using GNU Radio over the years – so please
don't let that slip. We're a community built on "let's do this",
constructive criticism, a strong sense of responsibility to write
sustainable code, people wanting to contribute instead of just
profiting of FOSS...

With that: ein frohes Neues from Germany,
Marcus