Re: How to update GNU Radio to 3.8 version in Debian Linux

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: How to update GNU Radio to 3.8 version in Debian Linux
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 07:38:22 +0000

Hello Atiq:

I am not sure what you mean by saying that" https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR " didn't work. That page lists several installation options; what options did you try, and how did they fail?

Yes, you do have to uninstall the previous installations, unless you are doing a local installation of GNU Radio, which takes a bit more effort (I heard that PyBOMBS will handle that for you, but I never tried it. Basically, you will have to install GNU Radio using a local prefix and set path variables accordingly).

It sounds like you are using Debian Stretch; if so, Ubuntu PPAs won't work correctly and you will have to find backports or use different installation approaches (PyBOMBS or manual build). Building GNU Radio 3.8 on Debian Stretch can be nontrivial, however. For instance, you may have to use a backported version of CMake, as the default CMake package for Debian Stretch is a just a bit too old for the job (and this is likely not the only problem that you will encounter). I recommend using a newer distro (like Debian Buster, if you prefer Debian). For Debian Buster, you can follow the manual build steps described in the wiki page above ("From Source" section). Dependencies will look something like this: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGRFromSource_on_Raspberry_Pi .

Regards,
Kyeong su Shin

보낸 사람: Md. Atiqur Rahman <address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 3월 1일 일요일 오후 3:59
받는 사람: Kyeong Su Shin <address@hidden>; address@hidden <address@hidden>
제목: Re: How to update GNU Radio to 3.8 version in Debian Linux

Hello Shin,
First link you suggested, I try that before but didn't work.
For the second link, If I want to install a new version I have to uninstall the previous one as the link says?
I am using Debian Linux.