Help with an OOT GUI block

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Help with an OOT GUI block
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 09:18:34 -0500

Hi,

I have created an OOT block in Python which emulates a terminal/console. It has a QLineEdit for keyboard input and a QTextEdit for display. The keyboard input is displayed locally and is sent to an output message port. An input message port displays the strings also.

The current Python code is in https://github.com/duggabe/gr-console/blob/master/python/console.py My test flowgraph is in https://github.com/duggabe/gr-console/blob/master/examples/msg_test4.grc Two different windows are created - one for the GRC 'msg_test4', and one for the 'Console'
When it receives input data to display, I get an error:
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread. (Parent is QTextDocument(0x2ae0658), parent's thread is QThread(0x282a5b8), current thread is QThread(0x2b32be0)

Apparently I need to have the 'Console' window contained within the 'msg_test4' window, but I don't know how to do that.
I would appreciate any help you can give.

Best regards,
--
Barry Duggan KV4FV