Re: Failed to XInitThreads()

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: Failed to XInitThreads()
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:40:33 +0100

Hi,

> Yes. Here it is. Regardless of its effects, I am very interested in removing
> this warning.
>
> https://a.uguu.se/rgc6Iiu3v37w_test.py

Can you edit it and below the "print("Warning: failed to
XInitThreads()")" , add a "raise" so we get to see the actual
exception details that prevent it ?

Also, try to move the "from distutils.version import StrictVersion"
below that code block that tries to run it.
That should should really be the _very_ first thing run since anything
that could remotely touch 'X' before it does will screw with it. (and
python through inter-dependent imports can sometime be surprising ...)

Cheers,

   Sylvain