GSoC for Filter Design Tool Enhancements

From: Siddhartha Kapoor
Subject: GSoC for Filter Design Tool Enhancements
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 00:20:47 +0530

Hey everyone
I am Siddharth, a senior undergraduate at National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering. My interests areas include Digital Signal Processing, Deep Learning and Computer Vision. I have completed courses such as DSP, Advanced DSP (which was about filter banks, polyphase decomposition, wavelet transforms, etc.), Filter Design which led me to the project Filter Design Tool Enhancements. I have experience in Python and C/C++. I am looking to work on this project as a part of GSoC, any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have a few questions -

1. Are there any exercises to be completed before the proposal stage?
2. Is there any specific format for the proposal?
3. I don't know much about Qt, what it is and what it does, any links would be helpful.

Regards
Siddharth Kapoor
Senior Undergraduate
Dept. of ECE