Installation of GNURadio on Centos 8

From: Tony Dunbar
Subject: Installation of GNURadio on Centos 8
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:00:51 -0400

Hi Group...

First, thanks for your efforts on the gnuradio open source project.  I've read the wiki and I am impressed with the work that has been done.  Great stuff!

My problem...After some research and much effort, I was successful with getting the gnuradio-companion v3.7.x to run on centos 7.  When I tried to follow the wiki tutorials, I noticed the tutorial reflects gnuradio v3.8.x.  When I attempted to install and build gnuradio v3.8.x on centos 7, I got dependency problems with centos7.  That led me to start over with centos 8.  I now am not able to even get the binaries for gnuradio to install on centos 8.  I have also tried building it on centos 8 and running into even more dependency problems.

Question:  Do you know if this is even possible at this time?  Has anyone tried building gnuradio 3.7/3.8 on centos?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

--
Thanks,
Tony