Re: Handshake and Message Passing with gr-ieee802-11

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: Handshake and Message Passing with gr-ieee802-11
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 08:14:51 +0200

Hi Cameron,

On 6/10/20 8:00 PM, Cameron Matson wrote:
> The buffer seems to be building up in size as I'd expect, and the first
> message goes through, but I get no output from the WiFi Phy block, and
> so the buffer just continues to grow in size without sending out any
> more messages.  Since my block passes the messages through unaltered,
> why wouldn't the PHY block handle the output of my block the same as if
> it weren't there?

I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work. It might just be a bug in
your code. You can add Message Debug blocks to the flowgraph to check
the message flow, e.g., if the block receives the ACK to the first
frame. Or you could forward the output to the ack port without the PHY, etc.

If you have problems to figure out the underlying issue, you could also
upload the code somewhere.

Best,
Bastian