DVBT Reed Solomon Encoder/Decoder

From: George Edwards
Subject: DVBT Reed Solomon Encoder/Decoder
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 17:13:57 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to validate proper encoder/decoder operation for the DvBT Reed Solomon FEC blocks. I have run into two problems:

1. There is a parameter "Block" that needs to be set in both the encoder/decoder, and the Documentation states that it is the number of blocks to process at once. Please explain what this means.

2. I thought the data types for the encoder and decoder input/outputs were type byte, but when I connected a byte stream to the encoder input it gave an error and on closer examination, the data type color is a little deeper than that used for byte. What data type does the encoder takes?

I will appreciate any help you can provide.

Regards,
George