fw: Novice?-Best UBUNTU version-Best GNUradio versio

From: geraldfenkell
Subject: fw: Novice?-Best UBUNTU version-Best GNUradio versio
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 17:17:02 -0700

From: "geraldfenkell" <geraldfenkell@computechnics.ca>
To: <discuss-gnuradio@gnuradio.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 14:42:32 -0700

2020-12-11

1. I am a novice at installing gnu radio who has failed several times before.

2. What is the best version of UBUNTU to use? ( I think I know how to install either Ubuntu-20.04 or 20.10)

3. What is the best version of GNU radio (easiest to install from terminal of Ubuntu without compiling)

4. Precisely and exactly (please, with all due respect) what lines do I or should I key into the Ubuntu terminal.

I thank you in advance both for your patience and for your help.  I now want to succeed so that I can follow
the examples in Qasim Chaudhari's book and video course (book is Window Communications from the Ground Up
and videos which are part of the course use GNU radio.

I have already in the past (not this year but the two previous years) attended the annual conference but although
I understand the mathematics involved in sdr radio to a certain degree and the concepts involved I have
been consistent in only one thing, my inability to get a working version of gnu radio installed on a machine.

In the future but not part of this request I would like to use various radios that I have  (eg. Adalm pluto, HackOneRF, etc.
but first I just want to get a working version running without any further considerations.

regards

Gerald (Jerry)