Re: fw: Novice?-Best UBUNTU version-Best GNUradio versio

From: Nicholas Long
Subject: Re: fw: Novice?-Best UBUNTU version-Best GNUradio versio
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 19:02:29 -0600

So I think any fairly recent version of ubuntu is fine, I am using 18.04 but that is mainly because I don't want to deal with upgrading.
 If you don't care much about version 3.7 vs 3.8

 sudo apt-get install gnuradio

Will get you something.

it sounds like you want the ppa versioning though:

See
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR

Under ubuntu ppa installation.

Finally, I would say if your doing any oot block development to just build from source. It's really not that bad, and allows you to compile in debug mode so that you can step through the the code. Also even now often the best documentation is looking at the source code.

Overall as someone who went through the build process 6 years ago, 2.5 years ago and just recently. The documentation/process has gotten much better (or maybe I have learned more). So give it another try.

Nick