Re: 3.9 -->3.8 downgrade - a few GRC keyboard keys don't work correctly.

From: Josh Morman
Subject: Re: 3.9 -->3.8 downgrade - a few GRC keyboard keys don't work correctly.
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:26:40 -0400

Is it possible that the "Hide Disabled Blocks" option is enabled in GRC?  This would make disabling appear to delete the block.

Josh

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:16 PM Tom McDermott <tom.n5eg@gmail.com> wrote:
On Ubuntu 20.04, I downgraded a gnuradio 3.9 installation to gnuradio 3.8.
Using sudo apt remove.

I had to manually delete the ~/.cache/grc_gnuradio/cache.json file to remove some
cached block parameters left over from 3.9 that were different from 3.8

However even after that I have a few keystrokes in 3.8 that used to work but now
do not.  Particularly trying to Disable a selected block now deleted that block rather
than deselecting it - whether the disable command is invoked typing the keyboard D character
or the mouse on the context-menu.

Is there perhaps some other cached file or config file left over from the 3.9 installation
that is changing the nominal 3.8 GRC keyboard functions?

-- Tom, N5EG