Re: Phase Synchronize 2 USRP N200 w/ SBX cards

From: jmfriedt
Subject: Re: Phase Synchronize 2 USRP N200 w/ SBX cards
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:37:06 +0200

For what it is worth, slide 10 of
https://archive.fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/fsr_software_defined_radio_based_scientific_instrumentation/attachments/slides/3895/export/events/attachments/fsr_software_defined_radio_based_scientific_instrumentation/slides/3895/fosdem2020_instrumentation.pdf
shows how phase between two inputs of a B210 is measured as the ratio
of the FFT (Aexp(jwt+phi1)/Aexp(jwt+phi2)~exp(j(phi1-phi2) even if a LO
offset w remains, here with respect to an exteral acousto-optical
modulator oscillator) and I have hidden from that discussion the need to
heterodyne digitally the signal using a Xlating FIR for weak signals as
shown on slide 24 of http://jmfriedt.free.fr/ifcs2021_tutorial.pdf
That would be most convenient for CW signals as illustrated on slide 17
of that same presentation, otherwise phase of the cross correlation
indeed for broadband signals (slide 10 only shows the magnitude but
replace Complex to Mag with Complex to Arg),

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe, 25000
Besancon, France