Re: USRP N210 growing latencies

From: Fabien PELLET
Subject: Re: USRP N210 growing latencies
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 21:41:31 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for the answer Marcus.

OK I understand that. But is there any solution which permits to reset that growing propagation delay ? How to reset the flowgraph buffers without killing the application and restart it ? Is there any method that permits to purge and resync buffers of the flowgraph ?

Even if my application runs on a preempt_rt OS with a good calculation power, I'm not enough good in Linux tweaking to be sure that my application will not have a unusable delay after a long time. So I can accept to loose some time when I catch a PMT message of underflow to reset the sequencer and buffers. But how without killing apps ??

Best regards,
Fabien, F4CTZ

---- Marcus Müller a écrit ----

Hello!

On 26.10.21 16:12, Fabien PELLET wrote:

> Why that propagation delay is always growing ?

Exactly *becuause* your underflowing.

Your Receive side produces N samples – but too slow at some point, leading to your
transmitter needing to "invent" an amount P of samples, because it simply has a fixed
sample rate.

So, now, from the point of view of the transmitter's DAC, N+P sample periods have passed,
whereas the receiver's ADC saw N sample periods. This repeats, and every P > 0. Therefore,
the delay is always only growing.

Best regards,
Marcus