Re: Gnuradio 3.8 on a Raspberry pi 4 B?

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: Gnuradio 3.8 on a Raspberry pi 4 B?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 08:39:15 -0500

On Nov 25, 2021 8:15 AM, Marcus Müller <mueller@kit.edu> wrote:

Honestly, a RPi4 would just go to waste with me! If you want to crowdsource one for the
greater good of the SDR community, I'd say: Radioastronomy outreach, or ham radio, that's
the two things I'd think a RPi4 would make the biggest impact.

Radio astronomy outreach is PRECISELY what Glen is doing, and what the rapid changes in GNUradio are making difficult.  The SDRplay device has some good characteristics for this. (I have a couple myself, as well as a Pluto, an Airspy R2, an Airspy Mini, a LimeSDR, and a smattering of RTL-SDR devices.

While I know GNUradio is just a huge project, and that it is unreasonable to expect everything in it to be stable, the major churn between 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9 makes it difficult and discouraging to those who are trying to use it for outreach like this.