Re: RF signals are pure noise in Python implementation

From: Verónica Toro Betancur
Subject: Re: RF signals are pure noise in Python implementation
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:58:34 +0200

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the explanation.
In fact, the block I'm having trouble with is self.iio_pluto_source_0_0, which is defined as

pluto_source_impl::pluto_source_impl(fmcomms2_source::sptr block) :
        hier_block2("pluto_source",
                 io_signature::make(0, 0, 0),
                 io_signature::make(1, 1, sizeof(gr_complex))),
        fmcomms2_source_f32c(true, false, block)

As far as I understand, the variable type of the output here is gr_complex, which in Python corresponds to numpy.complex64. So, in that sense, I think my input variable type is correct, otherwise, I would probably get an error. But, I'd like to know if the output variable in pluto_source_impl is fixpoint and, in that case, how do I define my input variable in Python to match the fixpoint type?

Thanks in advance.

- Verónica