Re: Error No module named 'TheNameOfMyModule' in GRC

From: Ivan Iudice
Subject: Re: Error No module named 'TheNameOfMyModule' in GRC
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:01:41 +0100

This is not a final solution…
You need to add your library path in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ in order to see your library everywhere.
Have a nice day.

Ivan

Il giorno 19 gen 2022, alle ore 10:52, Michelle <mkprojects731@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Good morning Vasil,

I followed your indications and it works.

Thank you :)

On 2022-01-18 9:18 a.m., Vasil Velichkov wrote:
Hi Michelle,

On 18/01/2022 14.01, Michelle wrote:
hello,

I created an OOT module, added a block and made the block available in GRC. Then I installed the module and called ldconfig (as I'm in ubuntu).
My block appears in GRC but when I insert the block in a graph and execute that graph I get an error *No module named 'TheNameOfMyModule'. *

Please can you enlighten me on how to fix this issue? I followed the instructions of the wiki https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/OutOfTreeModules
Most probably you need to add /usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages to PYTHONPATH environment variable as this directory is not in the default python search paths (sys.path)

Open a new terminal and execute the following

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages:$PYTHONPATH
gnuradio-companion

to make this change permanent you can add the export line to ~/.profile file and then logout/login or reboot. See also https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/ModuleNotFoundError

Regards,
Vasil