Changes with multiple sinks

From: stephen.berger.temconsulting
Subject: Changes with multiple sinks
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:47:58 -0600

I am running the ATSC Transmitter flowgraph that is included with some GNURadio compilations.  I am connecting the output to a HackRF, using the Soapy HackRF Sink and monitoring the results on my spectrum analyzer.  I also have the QT GUI Frequency Sink connected.  When I run using either sink alone I get a nice ATSC signal either displayed or on my spectrum analyzer.  However, if I enable both sinks at the same time the waveform changes in the display and what the HackRF puts out is radically different.  Why is this?  Is there a way to have the display as a monitor and get an undistorted output from the HackRF?

Best Regards,

Stephen Berger

TEM Consulting, LP

Web Site - www.temconsulting.com