Re: Can't load module linked against shared libprotobuf.so, GNU Radio 3.

From: Jameson Collins
Subject: Re: Can't load module linked against shared libprotobuf.so, GNU Radio 3.8.1.0
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:46:10 -0500

So here comes the first wrinkle: I'm doing this in a conda environment and not using libs in /usr.  Additionally, I am using a version of protobuf I compile.

I believe that I found the problem.  I've been using a script to setup conda with a few packages that I need.  I believe that at some point I added a package that had protobuf as a dependacy.  This version of protobuf conflicted with the version that I was compiling by hand.  After getting rid of the version I compiled by hand, and explicitly installing conda's version, everything seems to work fine.

There is also a chance there was an issue related to the protoc path.  I noticed that when using swig from conda that find_package(SWIG) would find the correct library, but the wrong swig executable.  Something similar may have been happening with find_package(Protobuf) and protoc.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 4:02 AM Vasil Velichkov <vvvelichkov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jameson,

On 16/02/2022 21.49, Jameson Collins wrote:
> I have an OOT module that uses Protobuf.  Normally I link this against
> libprotobuf.so, however when I do this and attempt to import my module in
> python, I get errors about undefined symbols.

Normally this should not happen. What Linux distribution are you using and what version? Can you provide the full output of

  ldd -r $(find /usr/ -name "libprotobuf.so*")

Also link with libprotobuf.so, go in your OOT build's directory and execute

  ldd -r ./lib/lib*.so

and provide the full output as well.

Regards,
Vasil