Can't load module linked against shared libprotobuf.so, GNU Radio 3.8.1.

From: Jameson Collins
Subject: Can't load module linked against shared libprotobuf.so, GNU Radio 3.8.1.0
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:49:12 -0500

I have an OOT module that uses Protobuf.  Normally I link this against libprotobuf.so, however when I do this and attempt to import my module in python, I get errors about undefined symbols.  If I link against libptorobuf.a instead I don't have this problem (although I have yet to check that the code will actually work).

I haven't made a toy case for this yet that I can post.  Before I did I figured I'd ask if this was something simple and known.