QA python code uses installed python and c++ library

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: QA python code uses installed python and c++ library
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 21:19:48 -0600

Dear All,

I have a GNURadio 3.10 OOT module which has C++ blocks and python QA code. During my development I do the following steps:

1. make
2. make test
3. make install
4. change c++ files
5. make
6. make test

At the last step the python QA code will link the already installed python library and not the latest one within the build folder. The QA code should link the latest python and c++ libraries from the build directory, and there should be no "smartness" (except ImportError) in the QA boilerplate code.

I have tried to trick python3 by changing the sys.path prior to the import statement, but this fails. Somehow once you have imported gnuradio from the stock include path, then changing the sys.path even to the empty list will not prevent the loading of the installed OOT module.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? Is there a workaround?

Best,
Miklos