Gnuradio-companion as a network relay

From: Anish Mangal
Subject: Gnuradio-companion as a network relay
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 06:52:32 +0530

Hi,

I currently have a gnuradio flowgraph that requires high compute resources and is running on a laptop with a high-end cpu which is connected to a LimeSDR.

That LimeSDR is eventually connected to a RF PA and an antenna for broadcast.

The limitation in this setup is that the laptop needs to be part of the physical setup where the sdr and R.F. PA are placed.

I am wondering if it is possible to reliably make another gnuradio instance on a low powered computer (like a intel minipc or raspberry pi) to interface with the SDR and be connected to the high end cpu laptop via a lan cable. This would allow the laptop to be placed far away easing physical constraints and also allow easier management.

Could someone point me at flowgraphs that would allow this?

The USB3 data rate between the GNURadio and LimeSDR is about 20MB/s, so it is well within the data rates of 100M/1G lan connection.

Thank you.
Anish

--
Anish