Re: Gnuradio-companion as a network relay

From: Anish Mangal
Subject: Re: Gnuradio-companion as a network relay
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:05:25 +0530

Thanks, I tried a very basic example and was trying to monitor data rate using nethogs with a different sample rate.

At a signal sample rate of 9.6MSPS, nethogs sees about 59MB/s of data. I wonder if that could be improved in anyway, or whether the sample rate of an actual wired lan connection might be better?

I vaguely remember that the USB data transfer rate at 6.4MSPS was about 15MB/s.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 11:51 AM jmfriedt <jean-michel.friedt@femto-st.fr> wrote:
> I am wondering if it is possible to reliably make another gnuradio
> instance on a low powered computer (like a intel minipc or raspberry
> pi) to interface with the SDR and be connected to the high end cpu
> laptop via a lan cable. This would allow the laptop to be placed far
> away easing physical constraints and also allow easier management.
>
> Could someone point me at flowgraphs that would allow this?

I try to show at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8dqgqO4TuI starting
at 9:30 how to stream data from GNU Radio using ZeroMQ
publish/subscribe, in my case to external Python software which could
very well be remote if the IP address is not 127.0.0.1, but will be
even easier to implement if the client is another GNU Radio flowchart.
I am currently doing exactly that: recording on a Raspberry Pi and
streaming to a more powerful computer for processing (again from a
dedicated Python script rather than another GNU Radio instance, e.g
around 45 min of that video).

Best, JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe, 25000
Besancon, France

--
Anish