The firdes.low_pass_2(...) function in my GRC has stopped working

From: George Edwards
Subject: The firdes.low_pass_2(...) function in my GRC has stopped working
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:17:29 -0500

Hello GNURadio Community,

I have used the firdes.low_pass_2(...) function in many of my Gnuradio blocks in the past to pass filter coefficients to my blocks and it has always worked.

Yesterday I opened one of my GRC that uses his filter function and it showed an error. The specific usage was:
firdes.low_pass_2(1,samp_rate1, fcut, ftrans,attenuation_dB=100, window=filter.firdes.WIN_BLACKMAN_HARRIS)
Error message: There is no attribute WIN_BLACKMAN_HARRIS

I then opened several previously created GRCs blocks with this function and all showed the same error. I then opened some radio blocks which required a user to set the window and noticed that what used to be set as WIN_BLACKMAN was now Blackman

I searched the Gnuradio literature, but could not find anything to help me. I made the changes below to the function, but all failed: window=filter.firdes.Win_blackman_harris, window=Blackman_harris then, I would leave out the word window, also in calling the function, I tried low_pass_2 instead of firdes.low_pass_2.

I would appreciate getting some suggestions from someone who has worked recently with this filter function.

Thank you!

Regards,
George