Re: GNURadio 3.7.14.0 Building gr-video-sdl

From: Mitja kocjančič
Subject: Re: GNURadio 3.7.14.0 Building gr-video-sdl
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 22:22:51 +0200

Hello there, thanks for trying to help

My current GNURadio version is 3.7.14 and I got it as part of PothosSDR: https://downloads.myriadrf.org/builds/PothosSDR/PothosSDR-2020.12.28-vc14-x64.exe

since this was installed as part of PothosSDR I didn't build it from source and I guess during compile time lib_sdl was not present so gr-video-sdl was skipped

I would like to try to avoid to build GNURadio 3.7.14 from source just to include a library, so that's why I tried to pull out this library and build it separatly but I failed to do that

Now since Pothos swiched to GNURadio 3.9 (at the time of swiching a lot of OOT modules were still not ported to GNURadio 3.9, they are now) but something happened and project came to a stop, so I cannot get GNURadio 3.9 from PothosSDR that would include
 https://github.com/bastibl/gr-rds
 https://github.com/argilo/gr-nrsc5
 https://github.com/kit-cel/gr-drm (hmm is this built-in??)
 https://github.com/BogdanDIA/gr-dvbt (if reading this correctly, it built in now under gr-dtv)
 https://github.com/drmpeg/gr-dvbs2 (most build-in this works with 3.9)
https://github.com/rftap/gr-rftap (this one I would need to port to 3.9)

I am using Windows 7 which complicates things further (python3.9 can be installed there: http://69.112.236.57/nextcloud/index.php/s/A6NGd76iMnMoHPm/download (even latest 3.9, you just copy the dll to its folder) but not sure how would this hakcs play with gnuradio 3.9

So what I can try to do but would like to avoid is to install latest PothosSDR without all this modules and then try to install them separatly to get them back or get another gnuradio distribution that would include this modules

But easier thing for now it seems to just make gr-video-sdl work with my gnuradio install then to try to fiddle with 3.9 (which I will have to do once, because LEDS and selector block are realy tempting things to have)

For now what I would like to do is add gr-video-sdl to my existing gnuradio without needing to build the whole gnuradio from source again