GNURadio 3.7.14.0 Building gr-video-sdl

From: Mitja kocjančič
Subject: GNURadio 3.7.14.0 Building gr-video-sdl
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 17:32:17 +0200

Hello there, for few reasons I am still using GNURadio 3.7 which doesn't come buindled with gr-video-sdl (at least the installation I am using doesn't) (I know 3.9 comes with it but right now I have some legacy blocks that are not uvailable for 3.9 so I am stuck using 3.7)

So I tried building gr-video-sdl separatly, and then installing it into existing gnuradio distribution like this:

1. Downloaded GNURadio 3.7.10: https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/releases/download/v3.7.14.0/gnuradio-3.7.14.0.tar.gz
    * extraxted gr-video-sdl
2. Installed SDL1.2 from here: http://web.archive.org/web/20191227232250if_/http://libsdl.org/release/SDL-devel-1.2.15-VC.zip (since gr-video-sdl uses SDL1.2 not SDL2 I assume)
3. trying to cmake like this: cmake ../ -DSDL_LIBRARY="C:\Program Files\PothosSDR\libsdl\lib\x64" -DSDL_INCLUDE_DIR="C:\Program Files\PothosSDR\libsdl\include"

I copied sdl include and lib files to this place

but I get some errors: https://pastebin.com/1RjmG1zj

It aphears GrBoost and GrComponent are missing and there is some unknown command: Unknown CMake command "GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT".

Now I think GrBoost is boost but I am not sure, cmake doesn't tell me that Boost is missing, but what is GrComponent (what include and lib prefix do I need to set to include this?)

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards